Sustainability is good for everyone.
OBM & The Environment
At OBM we feel a strong sense of responsibility and accountability in areas where business interests intersect with the environment and sustainability. We realize that we have an obligation to always be true to “green thinking”; what is good for the environment is good for business, especially when it makes a company more efficient and effective.” We abide by the promise to provide a product that is more efficient, consumes less energy, saves money and lessens our contribution to greenhouse gas emissions.
In turn, we demand the same commitment to the environment from our partners. Sharp Electronics Corporation’s environmental stance is; saving energy, saving resources, maximizing recycling and minimizing hazardous materials. That is just one of the reasons we chose to partner with Sharp
We’d like to share some of the ways we work together to make this happen.
- Recycling Cardboard
- Cardboard is the single largest component of municipal solid waste around the world. At OBM, we recycle 100% of our cardboard. And products from Sharp, including printers and copiers, arrive on strong, lightweight, recyclable shipping pallets made of cardboard.
- Recycling Paper & Office Products
- To encourage environmentally responsible use of paper and supplies at OBM, we implement the three “Rs:” Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
- Recycling Old Equipment
- Recycling Pallets
- We look at pallet recycling as routine due to the fact that pallets are made of wood. At OBM, it has become standard to offer a pick up and return process as part of our delivery.
- Toner Recycling
- It is important that we do everything we can in order to protect our environment and reduce the amount of refuse that we contribute to our landfills. Sharp has made the process of recycling of ink and toner cartridges easy and convenient for the customer.
- Every Sharp-branded copier, printer and multifunctional peripheral (MFP) toner cartridge sold in the U.S. can be easily recycled at no cost to the customer. Users can simply download pre-paid, pre-addressed UPS shipping labels from www.sharpusa.com/recycle to ship out used toner cartridges. To facilitate bulk shipments, help conserve resources and reduce energy use, users can also order recycled cardboard bulk cartons that hold up to ten used cartridges. These cartons arrive via UPS and can be conveniently placed in the customer’s mailroom or near the copiers for easy collection, and then shipped to one of three recycling centers nationwide.
- Electronic Thermostats
- Heating and cooling any building represents a large part of its total energy cost. In addition, heating and cooling systems emit greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, contributing to global warming. At OBM and Sharp, programmable thermostats are used in all our buildings to help reduce energy consumption and cost.